Safety Information Systems
Volpe’s Safety Information Systems Division provides the full spectrum of information technology (IT) life-cycle support for safety information systems. Our work includes development of IT system requirements, software design, enterprise architecture, IT development, system testing and deployment, infrastructure support, technical help desk management, and a full spectrum of cyber-security services.
Our team collects and analyzes requirements for transportation safety data systems and identifies and implements new and emerging technologies to enhance transportation safety data systems.
We define hardware, software, and network architectures; host and maintain server suites; and upgrade infrastructures with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Information systems development: Creation, enhancement, and maintenance of IT capabilities to support the DOT safety mission.
- Mobile applications: Development of mobile apps for a variety of platforms.
- IT infrastructure and operations: Effective utilization of complex infrastructures.
- Technical help desk: Operation of help desks to support user queries.
- IT security: Execution of security planning, architecture, design, and monitoring.