U.S. DOT's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 17.1 Solicitation is Now Closed
This solicitation closed on December 21, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. (ET). The U.S. DOT is reviewing all proposals that meet the stated requirements. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application by email when the review has been completed but no later than March 18, 2016 (90 days after the close of the solicitation).
If you would like to be notified when the next U.S. DOT SBIR solicitation opens, sign up for our email list below.
The SBIR Program Office publishes a solicitation each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology