The U.S. DOT Volpe Center draws upon our multimodal, multidisciplinary expertise to advance U.S. DOT’s key priorities to improve our transportation system. Our work is centered on the following topics:
- Equity: Reduce inequities across our transportation systems and the communities they affect. Learn more about >our work to advance the U.S. DOT Secretary's priority of transportation equity.
- Safety: Make our transportation system safer for all people.
- Transformation: Design for the future.
- Infrastructure: Support the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which makes historic investments in the transportation sector: improving public safety and climate resilience, creating jobs across the country, and delivering a more equitable future.
- Climate Change and Resilience: Improving the long-term sustainability of the U.S. transportation system. Read more about our work in climate change and resilience.