For over 40 years, Volpe has developed aviation systems and procedures to improve the efficiency and safety of aviation. We develop and evaluate real-time communication, navigation, surveillance, and decision support systems to support aviation operations throughout the nation—and the world.
Our team specializes in planning, researching, testing, and evaluating the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). Our work helps the Federal Aviation Administration:
- Improve safety
- Alleviate air traffic congestion
- Mitigate environmental impacts
Our work is organized into six divisions—each specializing in a different facet of air traffic systems and operations:
- Air Navigation and Surveillance
- Air Traffic Management Systems
- Aircraft Wakes and Weather
- Aviation Facilities and Business Services
- Aviation Systems Engineering
- NextGen Systems Development Program Office
Work with Us
For more information on how to work with our team, please contact Greg Joyner, director of Air Traffic Systems and Operations.