U.S. DOT's Volpe Center offers a wide range of benefits that support your personal needs and financial goals. Our benefits package is designed to help our employees and their families more effectively balance their personal and professional lives.
Our competitive benefits include the following:
- Salaries commensurate with experience
- A generous retirement program that includes a defined benefit annuity and employer matching (up to 5% of total salary) of employee contributions to the Thrift Savings Plan
- A comprehensive incentive awards program that rewards employee excellence
- A robust learning and professional development program with tuition reimbursement and fellowships for graduate or postgraduate work
- Choice among more than a dozen health benefits plans under the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program
- Transit subsidy or free on-site parking
We encourage our employees to achieve a healthy balance in their personal and professional lives. That’s why we provide a number of services to help our staff achieve their career goals while meeting their family responsibilities.
To help balance the demands of home and work, Volpe offers a flexible work schedule that provides flexible daily starting times, telework opportunities, and a comprehensive leave program that includes:
- Vacation time
- Sick leave
- Compensatory time
- Credit hours
Volpe also offers the following on-site resources for its employees:
- On-site child care center
- On-site fitness center
- On-site health unit
- Mother’s room for nursing mothers
- On-site credit union
The National Association of Government Employees (NAGE) Local R1-195 has worked with Volpe management since 1970 to promote a strong Volpe Center, empowered workers, highly satisfied customers, a respected value system in the workplace, and Congressional support for our work.
NAGE Local R1-195 serves in a traditional collective-bargaining role and is the exclusive representative of Volpe's non-supervisory technical, administrative, and professional employees in all labor-management matters. It has been representing Volpe staff throughout the center’s history, having been certified in November 1970 within four months of the establishment of the Transportation Systems Center.
For more information about NAGE at Volpe, please contact George Hebert at 617-494-3262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.