The Office of Inspector General (OIG) maintains a hotline to report allegations of fraud, waste, abuse or mismanagement in U.S. DOT programs or operations. Individuals may report allegations through the contact information below.
Allegations may be reported by U.S. DOT employees, contractors, or the general public. The OIG Hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is operated by a third party contractor. The OIG Hotline must expeditiously forward all safety-related complaints to U.S. DOT's safety regulatory agencies.
Before submitting a complaint, we recommend that you review the OIG Hotline webpage http://www.oig.dot.gov/hotline to ensure that your concerns are appropriate for an OIG inquiry. For more information on the U.S. DOT OIG, please click on the following link: http://www.oig.dot.gov
To report an allegation of SBIR waste, fraud and abuse at the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) use one of the following methods:
- OIG Hotline Complaint Center information and Form: http://www.oig.dot.gov/hotline
- Call: 1-800-424-9071 (toll free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of Inspector General, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., West Building, 7th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20590
- On-line Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Disclosure Form for Contractors: http://www.oig.dot.gov/investigations/contractor-far-reporting