U.S. DOT's SBIR 16.1 Solicitation Has Been Amended
Please review Amendment 0001 before preparing and submitting a proposal for U.S. DOT's SBIR 16.1 solicitation. Topic 16.1-FA1, External Lighting Enhancements to Reduce Bird Strike Events, has been cancelled. No proposals for this topic will be reviewed.
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program's 16.1 Solicitation is open through December 16, 2015. It opened October 14, 2015.
How to Apply
- Read the 16.1 Solicitation for information about the 16.1 topics and about proposal requirements.
- Review the 16.1 Technical and Administrative Questions.
- If you do not see the answer to your question(s), submit additional technical or administrative questions to the U.S. DOT SBIR Program Office at email@example.com.
- The office will only answer questions submitted by email on or before 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, November 23, 2015.
- All questions and answers will be posted as soon as they are received and answered by our experts.
- Submit a proposal through our secure site.
You must submit 3 separate files for your proposal (see guidelines and requirements in the solicitation):
- Technical proposal
- Completed appendices
- Cost proposal (Appendix C)
We will notify all applicants of their proposal status by March 16, 2015 (90 days after the close of the solicitation).
|Federal Highway Administration||16.1-FH1|
Technological Enhancements to Improve and Expand Casual Carpooling Systems
|Federal Highway Administration||16.1-FH2||Connected Bicycle: Communicating with Vehicles and Infrastructure|
|Federal Transit Administration||16.1-FT1||Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection Devices for Transit Buses|
Topic 16.1-FA1, External Lighting Enhancements to Reduce Bird Strike Events, has been cancelled.
Technical and Administrative Questions
We will accept technical and administrative questions through 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, November 23, 2015. We may not answer questions submitted after that time. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emailed questions will be answered.
U.S. DOT does not provide information on Techncial Points of Contact for the topics in the solicitation. Contact with U.S. DOT relative to this solicitation during the Phase I proposal preparation and evaluation period is restricted to the DOT's SBIR Program Office. All technical and administrative questions relative to the 16.1 Solicitation must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Questions and answers will be posted on this U.S. DOT SBIR Program website.
For general SBIR Program inquiries not pertaining to this solicitation, please contact:
U.S. DOT’s SBIR Hotline
(617) 494-2051 or