Consider equity and accessibility for all when planning, constructing, operating, and maintaining your BIL-funded project.
Incorporating equity in your federally funded project includes expanding access to transportation systems and processes, enabling business and workforce opportunities, and ensuring positive community benefits from your project. These components, and many others, should be considered throughout the project delivery process.
Find below a collection of resources from across USDOT relating to equity.
USDOT General Resources for Equity Considerations
- USDOT Priorities – Equity
- USDOT Equity Action Plan
- USDOT Environmental Justice (EJ)
- USDOT Justice40 Initiative
- USDOT Leadership Academy
- USDOT Civil Rights
- USDOT Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- FHWA Civil Rights
- FHWA EJ
- FHWA/FTA Joint Transportation Planning Capacity Building – Equity
- FHWA Office of Tribal Transportation
- FHWA Safety - Equity
- FHWA Screening Tool for Equity Analysis of Projects (STEAP)
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- FTA Civil Rights and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Resources
- FTA EJ FAQs
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
USDOT Training Resources for Equity Considerations
Find below a collection of training resources from across USDOT relating to equity considerations.
- NHI – EJ related courses
- NTI – Civil Rights related courses
- NTI – EJ related courses
- NTI - DBE related courses
Other Resources for Equity Considerations
Find below resources relating to equity considerations from other organizations. If you have a resource to include on the Project Delivery Toolbox, please share it with us!
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool (EJScreen)
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) Reports:
Share Your Equity Considerations Resources
Do you have a resource related to equity considerations to share? Let us know via our form here.
Disclaimer: These resources provide an overview of the tools and information available to help successfully deliver BIL-funded projects. The resources are maintained on the USDOT Project Delivery Center of Excellence website as a secondary source and do not supersede primary materials issued by each USDOT Operating Administration. Note: USDOT does not promote one resource over another. Accordingly, please work directly with the USDOT Operating Administration managing your BIL funding for specific guidance.
Looking for Something Specific?
Try exploring the site of the USDOT Operating Administration of your BIL funding.