The Volpe Center is recruiting talented and diverse individuals to fill these positions as part of the Pathways Internship Program:
- Policy Analyst
- Computer Scientist
- Engineering Psychologist
- Data Scientist
- Operations Research Analyst
- General Engineer
The Volpe Center is committed to fostering an all-inclusive, diverse workforce. We want our employees to feel valued for their unique backgrounds and qualities and have a sense of belonging and engagement in helping to advance transportation for the public good.
- Apply early. Each job will close when 150 applications are received, which may happen sooner than the closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after the closing date.
- Give detail. Provide a descriptive resume; explain your experience.
- Be thorough. Include all transcripts past and present.
- Be current. Provide proof of fall 2018 school enrollment.
The summer 2019 internships are open October 29 to November 12, 2018, or until the applicant limit is reached.
Pathways positions are expected to begin May 2019. However, applications will be accepted for a limited number of positions available as early as January 2019. Learn more about Pathways. For more application tips, read Tips on Applying Online to Department of Transportation Jobs.
About the U.S. DOT Volpe Center
The Volpe Center is located in Kendall Square in the culturally diverse and academically rich city of Cambridge, MA. We offer competitive benefits and a flexible, family-friendly work environment. When you work at the Volpe Center, you work with talented professionals who enjoy applying their expertise in the service of others to address the nation’s most pressing and complex transportation challenges.
Questions? Contact Volpepathways@dot.gov.