On the occasion of its 50th anniversary and in celebration of Public Service Recognition Week, the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) Volpe National Transportation Systems Center is proud to release “Volpe Voices,” a video tribute to honor its workforce—past and present—who have served the nation by advancing transportation innovation for the public good.
Since its establishment in 1970, the U.S. DOT Volpe Center has proudly served the nation, 9 U.S. Presidents, and 17 U.S. Secretaries of Transportation, applying its cross-modal, multidisciplinary transportation expertise to solve the most pressing national and global transportation challenges.
“Our 50th year is turning out a little differently than planned, but our Volpe workforce is prouder than ever to serve our nation,” said U.S. DOT Volpe Center Director Anne D. Aylward. “While we might not be together physically in our Kendall Square facility, I want to thank our Volpe team for the flexibility, collaboration, creativity, and continued dedication during these challenging times.”
- Public Service – We are dedicated to serving the public honestly and objectively.
- Innovative Solutions – We continually anticipate and respond to global transportation challenges and emerging issues.
- Collaboration and Partnering – We foster internal and external collaboration and partnerships through teamwork and mutual respect.
- Professional Excellence – We strive to deliver outstanding products and services that exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Well-Being – We support the personal and professional well-being of our staff.
“As we navigate this time together, the safety, well-being, and health of our Volpe staff remains our top priority, “continued Aylward. “But thanks to our committed Volpe workforce and the construction of the new state-of-the-art facility, our future certainly looks bright.”
For more information about the U.S. DOT Volpe Center’s 50 years of helping the transportation community navigate its most challenging problems, visit the 50th anniversary celebration page on the Volpe website.