U.S. DOT SBIR Fiscal Year 2021 Phase I Pre-Solicitation
The U.S. DOT Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program invites small businesses to review its pre-solicitation notice for opportunities within its Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) SBIR Phase I solicitation.
THIS IS A PRE-SOLICITATION NOTICE; NO SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
The pre-solicitation period for U.S. DOT’s FY21 solicitation is from January 5, 2021, through February 2, 2021, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). View the pre-solicitation instructions and full descriptions of U.S. DOT’s proposed FY21 Phase I solicitation research topics. View the beta.SAM notice.
Things to Know:
- During the pre-solicitation period, technical questions concerning the proposed research topics shall be directed to the U.S. DOT topic authors via an online forum at https://usdot.uservoice.com/forums/932932-u-s-dot-fy-2021-phase-i-pre-solicitation-q-a. Please read the pre-solicitation notice for instructions.
- The U.S. DOT's FY21 Phase I solicitation is tentatively scheduled to open on February 4, 2021.
- An informational webinar about the solicitation is tentatively scheduled for February 11, 2021, at 1:00 pm ET. More information on how to register for this webinar will be available on the U.S. DOT SBIR website and in the solicitation when the solicitation is issued.
The proposed FY21 research topics are listed below.
Full descriptions of each research topic are included in Appendix A, which is included in the pre-solicitation document.
Federal Highway Administration
- 21-FH1: Device for Assessing Environmental Impact of Post-Consumer Waste Plastic in Highway and Airfield Materials and Pavements
- 21-FH2: In-situ Determination of Pore Solution Resistivity
- 21-FH3: Accelerating Performance Testing Using the Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester (AMPT) Equipment
- 21-FH4: Reference Hardware for Infrastructure GPS Abnormality Detector for Connected and Automated Vehicle Applications
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- 21-FM1: Automated Vehicles: Deployment of Traffic Warning Devices (Triangles)
- 21-FM2: Readiness Assessment Technology
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- 21-FR1: Passenger Train Exterior Side Door Safety
- 21-FR2: Wheel Measuring Device
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- 21-FT1: Robots for Unmanned Disinfection and Decontamination of Transit Assets
- 21-FT2: Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Inspect, Repair and Sanitize Transit Vehicles
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- 21-NH1: Securing Safe Passage when Crossing a Roadway to Board Buses
- 21-NH2: Ignition Interlock Device Data-Integrated Mobile Device App
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- 21-PH1: Lithium Ion Battery Packaging