The U.S. DOT's SBIR FY 2019 solicitation is open from February 19, 2019, through April 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
The SBIR FY 2019 Solicitation now includes Amendment 0001. This amendment cancels research topic no. 190-PH1.
A pre-offer webinar for small business concerns (SBCs) interested in applying to the U.S. DOT SBIR FY 2019 solicitation was held on Wednesday, February 27, 2019. View a PDF of the webinar slides or watch a captioned recording of the webinar.
How to Apply
- Read the FY 2019 solicitation, which now includes Amendment 0001, for information about the FY 2019 topics and offer requirements.
- Review the FY 2019 Technical and Administrative Questions and SBIR FAQs.
- If you do not see the answer to your question(s), submit additional technical or administrative questions to the U.S. DOT SBIR Program Office at email@example.com.
- The program office will only answer questions submitted by email on or before 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
- All technical questions and answers will be posted as soon as they are received and answered by the topic leads.
You must submit 3 separate files for your offer (see the guidelines and requirements in the FY 2019 solicitation):
- Technical section
- Completed appendices A&B
- Contract Pricing Worksheet (Appendix C)
We will notify all applicants of their offer status by July 21, 2019 (90 days after the close of the solicitation).
Research topics in this solicitation are as follows:
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
This topic has been cancelled per Amendment 0001 to the solicitation.
Technical and Administrative Questions
We will accept technical and administrative questions through 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, April 3, 2019. We may not answer questions submitted after that time. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emailed questions will be answered. Questions and answers will posted on the FY 2019 Technical and Administrative Questions page.
U.S. DOT does not provide information on technical points of contact for the topics in the solicitation. Contact with U.S. DOT relative to this solicitation during the Phase I offer preparation and evaluation period is restricted to the DOT's SBIR Program Office. All technical and administrative questions relative to the FY 2019 solicitation must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Questions and answers will be posted here on the U.S. DOT SBIR Program website.
For general SBIR Program inquiries not pertaining to this solicitation, please contact U.S. DOT’s SBIR Hotline at 617-494-2051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.