The U.S. DOT's SBIR FY 2018 solicitation is open from January 17, 2018, through March 20, 2018.
U.S. DOT has issued an amendment to the SBIR FY 2018 Solicitation
The first two pages of the solicitation document now contain Amendment 1. The amendment contains administrative changes and technical changes to topic 18-NH1. Please review the amendment before completing and submitting a proposal.
A pre-offer webinar for small business concerns (SBCs) interested in applying to the U.S. DOT SBIR FY 2018 solicitation was held on Tuesday, January 23, 2018. View a PDF of the webinar here and a video of the recorded webinar here.
How to Apply
- Read the FY 2018 solicitation for information about the FY 2018 topics and proposal requirements
- Review the FY 2018 Technical and Administrative Questions and FAQs
- If you do not see the answer to your question(s), submit additional technical or administrative questions to the U.S. DOT SBIR Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The office will only answer questions submitted by email on or before 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, March 1, 2018
- All questions and answers will be posted as soon as they are received and answered by our experts
- Submit a proposal through our secure site
You must submit 3 separate files for your proposal (see guidelines and requirements in the FY 2018 solicitation):
- Technical proposal
- Completed appendices
- Cost proposal (Appendix C)
We will notify all applicants of their proposal status by June 20, 2018 (90 days after the close of the solicitation).
Topics in this solicitation may include:
|Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)|
|Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)|
|Federal Transit Administration (FTA)|
|National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)|
|Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)|
Technical and Administrative Questions
We will accept technical and administrative questions through 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, March 1, 2018. We may not answer questions submitted after that time. Submit questions to email@example.com. Only emailed questions will be answered.
U.S. DOT does not provide information on technical points of contact for the topics in the solicitation. Contact with U.S. DOT relative to this solicitation during the Phase I proposal preparation and evaluation period is restricted to the DOT's SBIR Program Office. All technical and administrative questions relative to the FY 2018 solicitation must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and answers will be posted on this U.S. DOT SBIR Program website.
For general SBIR Program inquiries not pertaining to this solicitation, please contact U.S. DOT’s SBIR Hotline at 617-494-2051 or email@example.com.