U.S. DOT SBIR Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) Phase I Pre-Solicitation
Pre-Solicitation Dates: Jan. 4-Feb. 3, 2023
The pre-solicitation period for U.S. DOT’s FY23 solicitation is from January 4, 2023, through February 3, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). View the pre-solicitation instructions and full descriptions of U.S. DOT’s proposed FY23 Phase I solicitation research topics. View the SAM notice.
Things to Know
- During the pre-solicitation period, technical questions concerning the proposed research topics should be directed to the U.S. DOT topic authors via an online forum at (uservoice.com). Please read the pre-solicitation notice for instructions.
- U.S. DOT’s FY23 Phase I solicitation is tentatively scheduled to open on February 7, 2023.
- An informational webinar about the solicitation is tentatively scheduled for February 9, 2023, at 1:00 pm ET. More information on how to register for this webinar will be available on the U.S. DOT SBIR website and in the solicitation when the solicitation is issued.
Proposed FY23 Research Topics
The proposed FY23 research topics are listed below. Full descriptions of each research topic are included in Appendix A, which is included in the pre-solicitation notice.
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- 23-FH1: Addressing Stormwater Runoff with a Self-Contained Portable Treatment System
- 23-FH2: Traffic Monitoring and In Situ Information Processing Using Edge Computing
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- 23-FR1: Concrete Crosstie Inspection Technology
- 23-FR2: Novel Design for Passenger Railcar Glazing Securement
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- 23-NH1: Child Presence Detection CO2 Release Test Device
- 23-NH2: Immersive Virtual Reality Training on Impaired Driving for Law Enforcement
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- 23-PH1: Bioremediation for Hazardous Material Spills
- 23-PH2: Integrated RFID Trackers and Sensors for Hazardous Material Communication in Transportation
- 23-PH3: Portable State-of-Charge Sensor for Lithium Batteries
- 23-PH4: Wearable PPE-integrated Sensors for First Responders
Read full descriptions of each of these proposed research topics in Appendix A of the pre-solicitation notice.