Volpe’s NextGen System Development Program Office serves as a focal point for Volpe’s support to major Next Generation Air Transportation System implementation programs.
Our team helps the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) implement large-scale systems, including the following:
- Data Communications (Data Comm): The replacement of voice communications with digital communications between the cockpit and air traffic controller.
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B): A surveillance technology for tracking aircraft.
- En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM): New systems to modernize air route traffic control centers.
- Advanced Technologies and Oceanic Procedures (ATOP): The modernization of facilities that manage oceanic traffic flow.
- Airport Surface Detection Equipment, Model X (ASDE-X): A runway safety tool to reduce potential runway conflicts.
- PMI-certified program management
- System engineering, planning, financial management, risk management, scheduling, and staffing expertise
- Federal contracting expertise: Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) on large and small air traffic system development efforts