U.S. DOT's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 15.1 Award Recommendations Have Been Announced
Please visit the 15.1 Phase I Recommendations for Award page to view proposals selected from our 15.1 Solicitation.
The Next DOT SBIR Solicitation Will Open in Fall 2015
If you would like to be notified when more information is released, please sign up to receive emails at the bottom of this page.
The SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology