U.S. DOT's SBIR 14.1 Solicitation is Now Closed
The 14.1 Solicitation closed at 11:59 EDT on April 4, 2014. The U.S. DOT is reviewing all proposals that meet the stated requirements. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application by email when review is completed but no later than 90 days after the solicitation closed.
An archived copy of the solicitation is located here.
U.S. DOT is preparing SBIR 14.2 Solicitation for release in July 2014.
If you would like to be notified when the 14.2 Solicitation opens, sign up for our email list below.
The U.S DOT’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
The SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
Any for-profit firms, with 500 employees or less that are at least 51% owned by U.S. citizens may submit proposals for this program. For more information about eligibility, visit http://www.sbir.gov/about/about-sbir.