U.S. DOT's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 15.1 Solicitation Has Been Amended
Please review Amendment 001 before preparing and submitting a proposal for U.S. DOT's SBIR 15.1 solicitation. Anyone submitting a proposal for Topic 15.1-FR9: Portable Rail Suspension Displacement Monitoring Sensor must include a signed copy of this amendment as the first page of the PDF of their technical proposal. This page will not count towards the technical proposal page limit. All proposals must be submitted though our online submission port.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 15.1 Solicitation is Now Open
This solicitation will close on March 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Additional information and resources on the 15.1 solicitation are now available.
View Pre-Proposal Webinar Held on January 8, 2015
A pre-proposal webinar for small businesses interested in applying to the FY15.1 U.S. DOT SBIR solicitation was held on Thursday, January 8, 2015. View the recording of the webinar or download a copy of the webinar slides.
The SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology