U.S. DOT's SBIR 14.2 Solicitation Has Been Amended
Please review the both Amendment 0001 and Amendment 0002 before preparing and submitting a proposal for the U.S. DOT's SBIR 14.2 solicitation. Anyone submitting a proposal for Topic 14.2 FH1 Decentralized, Public, and Mobile-based Sidewalk Inventory Tool, must included signed copies of both these amendments at the end of the PDF of their proposal. All proposals must be submitted in a single PDF file though our online submission portal.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 14.2 Solicitation is Now Open
- U.S. DOT's 14.2 solicitation will close September 15, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
- Additional information and resources on the 14.2 solicitation are available now.
- U.S. DOT held a public webinar on July 29 at 1:30 p.m. (EDT) with more information about the solicitation process.
If you would like to be notified with more information on the 14.2 solicitation when it is available, please sign up for our email list below.
The U.S. DOT Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
The SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology (OST-R)
Any for-profit firms with 500 employees or fewer that are at least 51 percent owned by U.S. citizens may submit proposals for this program. For more information about eligibility, visit http://www.sbir.gov/about/about-sbir.