U.S. DOT's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program awards contracts to small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
U.S. DOT's SBIR 16.1 Solicitation Will Open October 14, 2015
The 16.1 Solicitation will be open from October 14, 2015 to December 16, 2015. This solicitation will include the following topics:
- 16.1-FA1: External Lighting Enhancements to Reduce Bird Strike Events
- 16.1-FH1: Technological Enhancements to Improve and Expand Casual Carpooling Systems
- 16.1-FH2: Connected Bicycle: Communicating with Vehicles and Infrastructure
- 16.1-FT1: Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection Devices for Transit Buses
The solicitation, with more details on these topics and instructions on how to submit a proposal, will be published on this website and www.FBO.gov on October 14, 2015. Visit this page for a synopsis of the solicitation.
U.S. DOT will host a pre-proposal webinar on October 21, 2015, from 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. ET. Anyone interested in applying is urged to attend this webinar, which will provide information on the application process and featured solicitation topics.
If you would like to be notified when more information is released, please sign up at the bottom of this page to join our email list.
The SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology