Change in the Posting of Volpe Center Procurement Opportunities
All Fiscal Year 2010 procurement actions (DTRT57-10-XXXX) and later:
Volpe Center procurement opportunities are currently available on the Volpe Center website and on the Federal Business Opportunities website, www.FBO.gov. In the interest of streamlining the process used to publicize Volpe Center procurement opportunities, information regarding the Volpe Center’s procurement opportunities will no longer be posted on the Volpe Center website. All Fiscal Year 2010 Procurement actions (DTRT57-10-XXXXX) and later will only be available on the Federal Business Opportunities website, www.FBO.gov, the single government-wide Point of Entry (GPE) for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000.00. Please register at the FBO website to receive notifications regarding the Volpe Center’s procurement opportunities. The procurement opportunities (DTRT57-09-XXXXX) and before that are currently listed on the Volpe Center website will be maintained until completed.
Contracts and Program Support Services Branch
- Performs the full range of contracting functions including contract negotiations, administration and termination. Contracts are for the procurement of research and development services, architect-engineer services, construction services, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for acquisition management of major programmatic activities relative to the Multiple Award Transportation Security Contracts and Environmental Remediation contracts.
- Prepares contract documents, performs pre-solicitation and final reviews of contract documents and supporting procurement files prior to award, and recommends approval of award, disapproval, or required corrective action. Ensures compliance with FAR, TAR, TAM and Volpe Center acquisition policy and procedures.
- Responsible for acquisition management of SBIR Program.
Contracts and Technical Support Services Branch
- Performs the full range of contracting functions including contract negotiations, administration and termination. Contracts are for the procurement of research and development services, on-site technical support services including Information Systems, Operational Research and Analysis, and Information Technology Support services, building maintenance and repair services, and equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for acquisition management of major programmatic activities relative to on-site technical support services contracts such as the Transportation Information Project Support Services (TRIPS) contract, Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) contract, and Transportation Research and Communications Expertise (TRACX) contract.
- Prepares contract documents, performs pre-solicitation and final reviews of contract documents and supporting procurement files prior to award, and recommends approval of award, disapproval, or required corrective action. Ensures compliance with FAR, TAR, TAM, and Volpe Center acquisition policy and procedures.
- Manages the Simplified Acquisition Procedures (SAP) section.
Acquisition Program Compliance Branch
- Reviews proposed changes to and implements the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR), Transportation Acquisition Manual (TAM), and DOT procurement matters; reviews other procurement documents requiring submission to Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) headquarters prior to release; and serves as the Center’s interface on contract matters with RITA, DOT, and other agencies. Ensures compliance with FAR, TAR, TAM, and Volpe Center acquisition policy and procedures.
- Manages process of evaluating reasonableness of estimated costs and/or prices of proposed contract awards; provides support for Office of Inspector General contract audits; advises Division personnel of the adequacy of contractor accounting or purchasing systems; provides staff assistance on all pricing and financial matters; and makes recommendations to resolve controversial cost problems arising during negotiation and administration of contracts. Requests and evaluates Defense Contract Audit Agency reports on the Center contractors and recommends appropriate action.
- Provides miscellaneous statistical procurement information to Center management as requested, develops, maintains, and coordinates all acquisition-related data, and issues reports of all PRs and contracts. Measures the performance, efficiency, consistency, and productivity of acquisition services that are provided and conducts process reviews to achieve continuous improvement. Maintains automated capability to generate information to support performance measurement and decision making.
- Coordinates all matters pertaining to socioeconomic programs, including small and small disadvantaged area programs, industry assistance, business counseling; acts as liaison with Small Business Administration (SBA). Assures adequate consideration for small business concerns and recommends small business set-asides; serves as initial contact point with small business firms and represents the Center at SBA procurement clinics/seminars. Assists the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program in the implementation of program goals, including assisting in outreach activities and participating in SBIR clinics/seminars.
- Focal point for processing all unsolicited contract proposals.
- Manages the electronic commerce systems serving the Volpe Center Technical community, contractors and other DOT Operating Administrations. Systems include the Automated Procurement System, ADNET (Acquisition Division Intranet), and the Acquisition Home Page on Volpe’s Internet World Wide Web site.
- Develops and conducts formal training on acquisition topics. Ensures that all acquisition professionals are in compliance with Government-wide acquisition workforce competency standards.
- Manages the Center’s Government Purchase Card program.
- Responsible for the Contract Closeout Program.
- Serves as the Program Office for Center wide technical support services contracts that provide professional and technical human resources to supplement staffing on Volpe Center projects. Identifies and defines technical resource requirements. Monitors contractor performance and costs.