|Updated 11:08 AM EDT, May 20, 2013|
Part of the U.S. Department of Transportation's Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center, is a critical resource for innovation in transportation. Our mission is to improve the nation's transportation system by anticipating emerging transportation issues and to serve as a center of excellence for informed decision making.
- Engineer's Resourcefulness Drives Investment in Boston Bike Safety Initiative
- Railroad Trespassing is Risky Business
- Breaking Down Barriers on the Rails: Risk-Reduction Program Improves Safety
- Rethinking Government: Leveraging the Potential of Technology and Innovation
- Improving Transit Performance with Automated Data Collection Systems
- Upcoming Event: Driven to Extremes: Has Growth in Vehicle Use Peaked?
- Volpe Human Factors Expert Focuses on Next Generation of Transportation Professionals
- CAFE Program Advances U.S. Energy and Environmental Goals
- STAMPing Safety into Aviation Practice: Analysis of a U. S. Coast Guard Aviation Mishap
- Public Policy Professor to Speak on Freight in Metropolitan Areas
- Volpe Analysis Contributes to New International Aviation Noise Standards
- Safety Programs Motivate Behavior Change in Truck and Bus Industry